How to create and download a FULL cPanel backup:
First, please note:
Below are steps to requesting the backup to be performed:
1. Click "Backups" (as seen below)
2. Click "Generate/ Download Full Backup" (as seen below)
3. In the drop down menu, select "Home Directory" (as seen below)
4. In the field to the right of "Email Address", type the email address where you will receive notification once the backup is done. (as seen below)
5. Leave the rest of the settings blank.
6. Click "Generate Back Up". (This will generate the back up for you and place the TAR.GZ file inside of your Home Directory.)
7. You can find the file using the "File Manager" which will help you navigate to your "Home Directory".
8. You can now download the backup via cPanel / FTP/ or SSH
How do I restore my backup?
Shared Clients: You will have to send us the filename and a link to were we can get the file. We will do this FREE.
Need Additional Help? Go to "Live Chat" on the Hostwinds web site if you require further assistance.