Portal Home > Knowledgebase > Virtual Private Servers > Budget VPS > cPanel > Icons Explained > Definition of Preferences
Definition of Preferences
Definition of Preferences:
This is to walk you through the very basics to host a website with cPanel...
- Where to place your HTML/PHP files
- How to setup a web disk
- Create an e-mail Account
- Set what you want to happen with e-mails that have the wrong address
- How to create a Desktop link to your webmail
- Set your contact information
- Setup SSH keys If available with your Package
These are Video Tutorials made by cPanel they cover the following:
- My SQL = A guide to creating and modifying MySQL databases in cPanel.
- Change Style = A quick guide on changing the look and feel of cPanel to fit your personal style.
- Updating Your Contact Information = Change your contact information as well as preferences.
- Shortcuts = Easily access your cPanel by adding cPanel shortcuts to your desktop or browser's bookmarks toolbar.
- Subdomains = Learn all about creating and managing subdomains.
- MySQL Wizard = Create and manage MySQL databases with this step by step wizard.
- Addon Domains = Learn about creating and managing addon domains.
- Parked Domains = Learn about creating and managing parked domains.
- Redirects = Learn how to make a specific web page redirect to another page and display the contents of that page with redirects
- Change Password = Change the main password for your account.
- Password Protect Directories = Learn how to limit access to a certain part of your site by requiring a user name and password to access a folder or folders from the web.
- GnuPG Keys = Generate or import GnuPG Keys to encrypt messages using a "public key" that can only be decrypted by a "private key", which is retained by the intended recipient of the message.
- Hotlink Protection = Prevents other websites from directly linking to files on your website.
- IP Deny Manager = Block a range of IP addresses to prevent them from accessing your site.
- Site Software = Blogs, Bulletin Boards, CMS, Chat, Ecommerce, and more!
- SSH/Shell Access = Manage your SSH keys to allow automation when logging in via SSH.
- File Manager = Quickly manager all of your files with the new File Manager.
- Backups = Download (to your computer) a zipped copy of either your entire site (your home directory, databases, email forwarders configuration, email filters configuration) or one of the previously mentioned parts of your site.
- FTP Accounts = Access your web site's files through a protocol called FTP.
- Web Disk = Easily drag and drop files to your hosting account.
- Email Accounts = Manage the email accounts associated with your domain(s).
- Forwarders = Send a copy of all mail from one email address to another.
- Auto Responders = Send a message back automatically to anyone who sends an email to a certain account.
- Mailing Lists = Send messages to a large group of people.
- BoxTrapper = Protect your inbox from spam.
For VPS Clients:
- Branding (for root user) = Learn branding specifically for a root user.
- Getting Started = Getting Started on customizing your cPanel.
- Quick Image Edit = The basics on editing an image.
- Edit Logos = Resize and drag your own logo where you want it to appear.
- Edit Icons = Change the icons that appear on the main page of the cPanel interface.
- Edit Header/Footer = Change the header and footer images of the cPanel interface.
- Edit UI = Modify the containers that hold icons and messages on the main page of the cPanel interface.
- Edit Preview Images = Add a preview image to a branding style.
Allows you to change your cPanel Password.
This is important as if the server is having issues it will contact you at the e-mail address provided here.
VPS Clients have the ability to change the look of cPanel here.
This allows you to change the displayed language (Just remember - Our Techs understand English)
This will help you create shortcuts on your desktop to cPanel.
Add to Favourites Print this Article